Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Draw What You Want



Here is a wonderful little trick that I learned years ago for manifesting what you'd like in life.  It's simple and it works great.  All you need to do is draw it.  A very rough sketch will do.  Then, post it somewhere visible so you will see it and be reminded of it regularly.

Changing our thoughts is like changing a habit.  Too often we get stuck in the old pattern, repeating what we don't want over and over again.  Our thoughts are very creative.  The thoughts we think either desired or undesired are like tracks that are being laid down for our reality to follow.  So it is a good idea for us to notice and pay attention to our thoughts.

A few weeks back, I realized that I was beginning to have fearful thoughts about something.  It was troubling me very deeply.  But there was an alternative.  There was more positive outcome that I could imagine.  So, I stopped, grabbed a hold of myself, and grabbed a pen and a little note paper.  I did a quick little sketch of what I would like to see happen.  

My drawing was a very scribbled portrayal with only the rudiments of perspective.  The paper was small in size being only a few inches across and the whole thing was completed in under five minutes time.  Though it was very sketchy, it got the point across.  I gave it a title across the top and placed it prominently on the dashboard of my car so I'd see it every time I went some where.

It made me smile to see this little drawing and within two or three days I had completely dropped my fear based thinking.  I began celebrating instead.  I'd get in the car and call out "Yeah!"  I could see it, I could feel it, and I began to know that this would be true for me.  My whole attitude throughout the day began to brighten.  Then, quite naturally, within a week or two, things started to take a turn for the better.

We can all do this to great effect in our lives.  We can visualize what we'd like to see.  Then we can infuse it with positive emotion, celebrating the desired change, and begin to reap the reward.

Another way to do this is using collage.  If you feel insure about sketching, try cutting out photos from some old magazines.  You can use these to help you create an image of what you'd like to see.  Paste them together on some paper and set it some where where you will see it.  Then remember to let yourself celebrate.  Delight in the positive change.  Do a little happy gratitude dance by tapping your feet, while turning around and waggling both hands in the air. 

Both techniques, either collage or sketching, will work, but I prefer the sketching.  There is something fun and silly about little stick figure type drawings that aren't perfect but get the point across.  And I also think that the level of creativity is higher with drawing and that is what we are trying to do here, create!  

So be bold.  Give it a try and see how drawing what you want helps you to accomplish just exactly that in your life.

© Josephine Laing 2016




No comments:

Post a Comment